Exhibit – x
Adopted – 3/3/05
Revised – 12/7/2017
Education Code 35186 requires that the following notice be posted in your child’s classroom:
1. There should be sufficient textbooks and instructional materials. For there to be sufficient textbooks and instructional materials, each student, including English learners, must have a textbook or instructional material, or both, to use in class and to take home to complete required homework assignments.
2. School facilities must be clean, safe, and maintained in good repair.
3. There should be no teacher vacancies or misassignments. There should be a teacher assigned to each class and not a series of substitutes or other temporary teachers. The teacher should have the proper credential to teach the class, including the certification required to teach English learners, if present
4. To file a complaint regarding the above matters, complaint forms can be obtained at the principal’s office, district office, or can be downloaded from the school district’s or California Department of Education’s website: http://www.cde.ca.gov/re/cp/uc. However, a complaint need not be filed using either the district’s complaint form or the form from the California Department of Education.
COMPLAINT FORM: WILLIAMS UNIFORM COMPLAINT PROCEDURE
Complaints may be filed anonymously. However, if you wish to receive a response to your complaint, you must provide your contact information below.
Response requested? Yes No
Phone Number: Day:________________ Evening: _______________
Subjects(s) of the complaint: Please check all that apply:
1. Textbooks and instructional materials:
A student lacks textbooks or instructional materials to use in class.
A student does not have access to instructional materials to use at home or after school to complete homework assignments.
Textbooks or instructional materials are in poor or unusable condition, have missing pages, or are unreadable due to damage.
A student was provided photocopied sheets from only a portion of a textbook or instructional material to address a shortage of textbooks or instructional materials.
2. Teacher vacancy or misassignment:
A semester begins and a certificated teacher is not assigned to teach the class.
A teacher lacks credentials or training to teach English learners or is assigned to teach a class with more than 20% English learners in the class.
A teacher is assigned to teach a class for which the teacher lacks subject matter competency.
3. Facility conditions:
A condition exists that poses an emergency or urgent threat to the health or safety of students or staff as defined in Administrative Regulation 1312.4.
A school restroom has not been cleaned, maintained or kept open in accordance with
Education Code 35292.5.
Please describe the subject(s) of your complaint in detail, including the date of the problem and specific location where the problem occurred (school, room number). You may attach additional pages if necessary to fully describe the situation:
Please file this complaint with the person specified below at the following location :
Director of Human Resources
435 Hillcrest Avenue
Pacific Grove, CA 93950
Please provide a signature below. If you wish to remain anonymous, a signature is not required. However, all complaints, even anonymous ones, should be dated.