Regulation – x
Adopted – 12/7/1995
Guidelines/User Obligations and Responsibilities
The principal or designee shall oversee the maintenance of each school’s technological resources and may establish guidelines and limits on their use. He/she shall ensure that all users of these resources receive training in their proper use as well as copies of related district policies and regulations.
Students and staff are authorized to use the district’s on-line services in accordance with user obligations and responsibilities specified below.
1. The user in whose name an on-line services account is issued is responsible for its proper use at all times. Users shall keep personal account numbers, home addresses and telephone numbers private. They shall use the system only under their own account number.
2. The system shall be used only for purposes related to education. Commercial, political and/or personal use of the district’s system is strictly prohibited. The district reserves the right to monitor any on-line conununications for improper use.
3. Users shall not use the system to encourage the use of drugs, alcohol or tobacco, nor shall they promote unethical practices or any activity prohibited by law or district policy.
4. Users shall not transmit material that is threatening, obscene, disruptive, or sexually explicit, or that could be construed as harassment or disparagement of others based on their race, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion or political beliefs.
5. Copyrighted material may not be placed on the system without the author’s pernussion. Users may download copyrighted material for their own use only.
6. Vandalism will result in the cancellation of user privileges. Vandalism includes uploading, downloading or creating computer viruses and/or any malicious attempt to harm or destroy district equipment or materials or the data of any other user.
7. Users shall not read other users’ mail or files- they shall not attempt to interfere with other users’ ability to send or receive electronic mail, nor shall they attempt to read, delete, copy, modify or forge other users’ mail.
8. Users are expected to keep messages brief and use appropriate language.
9. User shall report any security problem or misuse of the network to the teacher or principal.
All users shall sign a Technology User Agreement and contract prior to using the district systems.
See Policy #6162.7
CSBA Date – 10/93