Policy – x
Adopted – 5/27/1999
When assigning students to specific classrooms, the Superintendent or designee shall strive to provide the best possible learning environment for each student. Insofar as possible, consideration shall be given to:
1. Recommendations of the current classroom teacher
2. Gender and ethnic balance
3. Academic balance of high, medium and low achievers
4. Balance of students with social, emotional and/or physical problems
5. Strengths of individual teachers
6. Student interests, readiness, behavior and motivation
The Superintendent or designee may accept from parents/guardians any infor-mation which would be helpful in making placement decisions. However, parents/guardians who provide such information shall be informed that requests for a specific teacher shall be used as only one of many determining factors which must be taken into account.
During the school year, the Superintendent or designee may make any adjust-ments in class placement which he/she considers beneficial to the student or the educational program.
CSBA Date – 10/95